Sunday 30 September 2012

Amazing Concealer Brush at an Amazing Price!

There's nothing quite like that little feeling of victory you get from finding a great bargain. Honestly though, I wasn't expecting to discover anything worth raving about from my scavenge through Superdrug's own brand of make up brushes. How wrong I was...




I've been looking for a decent concealer brush for a while now without a great deal of luck. Everything seems too small to be of use (E.L.F Studio Line- I'm talking to you!) or too expensive. So far, I've managed to resist the lure of the MAC 195 brush, and finding this little high street gem has banished temptation completely!

I'd actually gone to Superdrug to check out the Real Techniques range, but the display looked like it had been attacked by a taklon-hungry monkey, and the store was almost entirely sold out. I'd never taken any notice of Superdrug's own brand brushes before, but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to purchase the "Blending Brush" for the hefty price tag of £1.99. Interestingly, it's not predominantly marketed as a concealer brush, but as an eyeshadow blender. To me, it seems far too big for its intended purpose, and I think the company is really missing a trick by not calling it a concealer brush on the packet.

It was hard to get any idea of the quality of the product through the garish cheap packaging, but for the money I thought it wasn't the end of the world if it turned out to be crap. I was pleasantly surprised when I got it home to find that the synthetic brush head was very soft, yet stiff enough for working with a liquid product. The main positive about it is the size. It's chunky enough that working under the eyes takes only a couple of seconds, whilst being slim enough for more fiddly areas such as around the nose. It works well with both cream and liquid concealers. I've tried it out with my E.L.F All Over Colour Stick and my MAC Select Moisture Cover- both resulting in a flawless finish. Arguably, the most impressive thing about this product is that it does not shed one bit! Amazing for such a cheap little thing. It hasn't lost a single hair so far, even when I've washed it.

Of course, for £1.99 it's not perfect. It could do with being a little bit denser to make application smoother. This really is my only complaint though, and wouldn't stop me repurchasing the brush. Because of its size (about a half an inch in width) , it's not ideal for detailed work such as scars and blemishes so I'm sticking to the pointy end of my Beauty Blender for this. However, I think that this is a fantastic staple for and brush collector on a budget and I know it's going to be getting a lot of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment