Sunday 7 October 2012

E.L.F. Cosmetics Purchases


Since I discovered them, I've always loved E.L.F. cosmetics. Maybe that's what comes from being really stingy and reluctant to splash out on high-end brands; or maybe they're a genuinely brilliant company.

Ever the tight-arse, I took full advantage of E.L.F's £25 when you spend £50+ offer. Taking this into consideration I paid about £37 for everything I got, along with free delivery. Great!

Delivery was really fast (ordered on a Friday night, arrived on the Tuesday) and everything I paid for was present in the carefully packaged cardboard box with no breakages whatsoever. The company didn't get my order bang-on though, and in typical E.L.F style they accidentally gave me a free lipstick in "Sociable"- turns out to be a really great colour!

So here's what I got:
  • Lipstick in sociable
  • Smudge brush
  • Eye crease brush
  • Smokey eye palette/beauty book thing
  • 2x Smokey eye edition beauty book (one's for a friend)
  • Eyeliner and shadow stick in pearl/glow. (studio)
  • Eyeliner and shadow stick in black/smoke (studio)
  • Matte lip colour in coral (studio)
  • Matte lip colour in tea rose (studio)
  • Mascara primer (studio)
  • Lip liner and blend brush in wine (studio)
  • Contouring blush and bronzing powder (studio)
  • Blush in gotta glow (studio)
  • Fake lashes in natural
  • All over colour stick in spotlight
  • All over colour stick in golden peach
  • All over colour stick in persimmon
Phew! So yeah, quite a lot of make up. This isn't my first experience with E.L.F and I've always been impressed with the value for money considering the quality of the products you get. All of the standard line products retail at £1.50, the Beauty Books are £6 each, and the studio line products I purchased were all £3.75, although a few items from that range do cost a little more. I have to admit that some of the products can be a little hit and miss. I absolutely adore the all over colour sticks, but I've found that the matte lip colours are a pain to apply as they don't seem to go on smoothly. My Beauty Book seemed no where near as pigmented as the one I bought for my friend which is crazy. Maybe it's from an older batch or something, but I should have checked to see which one was better before parting with the nice one! As for the eyeliner and shadow sticks- I am absolutely in love. The black eyeliner is so gorgeous, creamy and long lasting, and the pearly colour makes for the most beautiful highlight. The lipstick is a really nice addition, despite the colour being very bright and glittery- something I'd normally shy away from. I'll just throw in the swatches of the all over colour sticks- they really are a great alternative to a cream blush as they apply well, are perfectly pigmented, and can even be used on the eyes and lips. Not bad for £1.50 a piece.


(L to R: Spotlight, Golden Peach, Persimmon)

If you're just starting out with make up, I cannot recommend the brushes highly enough. For £1.50 each, they are perfect. The quality is high, so they don't shed at all and they're really soft. The studio ones are just as fantastic; the powder brush is my all time favourite and I plan on writing a little something about my E.L.F brush collection at some stage.

I'll leave it at that for now, but I'm sure there'll be reviews and more swatches to come at a later date.

Rach x


No comments:

Post a Comment