Saturday 20 October 2012

What a week!

I can't believe how busy I've been this week! I've been helping out with hair and makeup for a musical being directed by my friend- Oh! What a Lovely War. Everyone has worked so hard to pull it off, and it was absolutely fantastic. I'm really grateful that I got to help out. :)

It's been really good fun, and certainly a new experience but I quite possibly underestimated how much time and effort it takes to do full Pierrot makeup on 20 (fidgeting) cast members. With a limited budget, I had to be a little creative- no fancy brushes or grease paint; just good old fashioned face paint and Pritt Stick for those unruly eyebrows. In the end, I decided not to go for anything too detailed or time consuming, just bold and striking. (little skill required :P)

Nice costume, Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment