Wednesday 31 October 2012

My Little Mac Eyeshadow Collection.

I'm poor.

There, I've said it. I'm just another teenage girl who enjoy living a lifestyle she has no financial means of supporting. So, it's needless to say that my Mac collection is pretty limited. I currently have 10 Mac shadows, with three more planned with my birthday money. I thought it would be interesting to post a little something about the shades I do have, and why I think Mac eyeshadows are the best on the market. So, without further ado, here are the culprits.


As you can see, I don't have many, and my collection is certainly lacking a lot of key shades. I currently have Ricepaper, Cork, and Wedge on order because I just love my neutrals. I'm also considering purchasing chrome yellow because I've got a bit of a  yellow eye make up fetish at the moment. (I blame Beyoncé).







These guys are the gems of my collection. At least one of them makes an appearance every day- if not two or three. From left to right we have: Gesso, Brulé, All That Glitters, and, you've guessed it; Carbon.











Some of these shadows are great, but I don't wear any of them on a daily basis. From left to right we have: Venus, Crystal, Tilt, Pink Venus, Motif and Orange. 












**WARNING** I'm terrible at doing swatches. If I'm this bad at putting make up on my arm, it's a wonder I can get it looking half decent on my face.


1) Gesso- "vivid white" matte. I would honestly be a little bit lost without this shadow. It's so variable and fun to work with as it can be applied lightly for a subtle highlight or built up for an intense and interesting look. The quality of this product makes it the best white eyeshadow out there in my opinion.

2) Brulé- "soft creamy-beige" satin. I use this pretty much every day. As you can see it's really close to my skin tone so makes a great base for a neutral look, whilst concealing my blemishes.

3) All That Glitters- "beige with gold pearl" veluxe pearl. Now, this is a sexy colour. It's really pigmented and shimmering but perfectly wearable in the crease. I use this shade a lot.

4) Carbon- "intense black" matte. I haven't applied this shade particularly well in the swatch (I did warn you), but it's the perfect deep black. No shimmer, no sparkle, nothing fancy- just black!

5) Orange- "neon orange" matte. You probably think I've gone mad looking at this colour, but no; I assure you I still have most of my marbles. I'm really into orange make up with dark brown eyes, and I also like blending it with other warm colours for a sunset themed look. I guess that is a bit crazy, but you can't hide behind neutrals all the time! I love this shade, but I would say that you have to work hard for decent colour pay off.

6) Motif- satin. I don't think Mac make this colour anymore because I can't find any trace of it on their website, and I've had it for a few years. It's a really pretty iridescent shadow, and it looks gorgeous if you have the time to work with it. I just get a bit bored and inpatient though because it's not quite intense enough for me.

7) Pink Venus- "washed pink" lustre. It's so glittery, pink, creamy and bright! Like Barbie vomit! Let's just say, I went through a phase. I wish I suited pink because it's a dream to work with, but it just makes me look  ill when I wear it on my eyes. I have had more success using it as a blush... food for thought...

8) Venus- satin. Again, this one is a few years old and was actually a present. There's no trace of it on Mac's website so I think it's fairly safe to say that they don't make it anymore. In all honesty, it's no great loss. It's a shimmery cold silver-grey. Not for me. However, I will say that as with all Mac shadows, the quality is excellent.

9) Crystal- "violet duochrome with pearl" frost. This is a lovely colour, and looks different under every light. One minute it's a glowing violet and the next it's a steely grey. I like it a lot, but it's difficult to use on my skin without looking like an extra from the Twilight films.

10) Tilt- "violet with blue green pearl" frost. Again, I love this colour and it's always the first one I reach for when doing a blue look. Unfortunately, I don't wear blue that often because it just doesn't look right. Lovely shade for darker skin though.


So, there you have it, my little collection. I plan to post a review of my new shadows as soon as I get them. Very excited!
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment